Ad & Sponsorship Policy
Healthsaf receives funding from advertisements, sponsored content, and other partnerships, such as affiliate programs. The reality is that funding from our advertisers allows us to cover more conditions and provide more powerful experiences, including video, animations, and input from a range of experts. Be assured that we’re absolutely inflexible about our editorial autonomy. Other than input about broad topic areas, we never allow sponsors to influence the content we create.
We have specific ad and sponsorship guidelines we follow to ensure that advertising never gets in the way of editorial integrity. Healthsaf chooses the ads, does not endorse any products, distinguishes all ads from editorial content, and clearly distinguishes between sponsored and non-sponsored content.
- Sponsored content: Sponsored content refers to content that is created by Healthsaf Media covering a topic area that is relevant to an advertiser. Healthsaf Media has sole editorial control, and no advertiser has any input into the content beyond the broad topic area. Sponsored content will be labeled in one of the following ways: “sponsored by our partners,” “sponsored by,” “from our sponsor,” or “brought to you by.”
- Co-branded content: This content is created in partnership with our sponsor and may have a sponsor logo on the page, article, video, or other content. The content adheres to Healthsaf Media’s editorial guidelines and may include products, promotions or links to an advertiser’s site. In some cases, a portion of the content will be created, or directed by an advertiser. Co-branded content will be labeled with the sponsors logo, as well as the following text: “Made in partnership with BRAND NAME.”
- Brand pages: Healthsaf Media may host webpages that present content that is created by our sponsors or advertisers. This content does not undergo an editorial or medical review by Healthsaf Media, and Healthsaf Media is not responsible for providing the products or services described on these pages. These pages are hosted as a viewer resource, and are not meant to imply recommendations or endorsements. Brand pages are labeled: “Paid for by.”
- Native advertising: Native advertising refers to links or ads that link to other content. These links may direct users to other content on Healthsaf Media properties, or may link to an advertiser or sponsor owned page. These links are displayed in the space between paragraphs of a Healthsaf Media article, along the right side of a content page and/or at the bottom of a page below an article or other con In cases these links direct viewers to co-sponsored content, brand pages or sponsor owned web pages, such links will be labeled with one or more of the following: “Sponsored,” or “Paid for by.”
- Social media posts: Healthsaf Media may present advertising messages, advertisements or sponsored posts in its social media channels. These advertisements will be labeled “#ad” and may also include “#sponsored,” “#PartnerPromotion,” or “#HLsponsor.”
Healthsaf is dedicated to protecting the privacy of readers and customers. Because customer privacy is our top priority, we proactively embed privacy into the development and curation of our services.
At any time, all customers — regardless of geographical location — can make a data subject access request by using our rights request form. In doing so, customers can access, delete, restrict, or correct all personal information that they have shared with Healthsaf.
Healthsaf will share your personal information with third-party marketers only after you have provided explicit consent to do so.
We are committed to the advancement of customer privacy initiatives. We are a Silver Corporate Sponsor of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Our content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Our websites and apps operate under a code of conduct to encourage welcoming, diverse, and inclusive interactions; and to discourage harassment of any kind.
We support author’s creative rights by investigating, and removing where appropriate, materials that infringe on an author’s copyright through our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA) procedures.